Thanks again for all the banner work. We are sending in the second order to be made on Monday. I will keep making banners if we keep getting them.
We are also doing a Tri Tip Dinner for our last fundraiser. We are asking that each player to sells 5 tickets. I sent home those tickets on Thursday 3/17. When they sell the tickets they (the player) needs to collect the money and pay at the finance off. Then bring me the other half of the ticket and receipt from the finance office. We are doing this on April 16th 3-6 down at the ball field. Everything will be done and cooked before that time. We just need the players there to hand out the pre-packaged meal.
Parent meeting about tryouts and the upcoming season will be Monday Feb 22nd in the library at 6pm
Tryouts will start Feb 29th in the morning @ 6am and after school
Players can't tryout unless register my athlete is done.
Baseball season is almost here.We are starting to sell baseball apparel. The first order is due FEB 8th
Click the following link to find the order form and the styles. Baseball Apparel
Mornings- M,T, TH, F, 5:50-6:50
Afternoon T-Th 3:00-4:30
Christmas Break Off
2016 Schedules are up Here
Players meeting in Coach Syme's Room C-5 during Lunch on Aug 24th
Hopefully your summer is treating you well. I wanted to make you aware of our fall baseball schedule and opportunities. I want to be clear the all fall baseball events are OPTIONAL and NOT MANDATORY in order to play in the spring.
Here's the plan: First for the Sophmores and Freshman I will hold a tryout for a fallball team on Aug 24th after school down at the ball park. I will keep around 12 + or- for that team. They will play in the utah perfect game league. Games will be Tuesday and Wednesday starting on the 26th. Ending at the end of Sept. 10 games.
2nd for the Seniors and Juniors and Sophmores that want too, I would like for you to play in the BYU or UVU league, The Byu Link is here: http://byusportscamps.com/baseball/2015/08/fall-baseball-league
The UVU league is not up yet but here is the link for when it is. http://readysetregister.com/Pages/series_display.php?de=168
In the Past most of the best baseball schools had their players playing in these leagues.
I know there is also a team playing in tournaments with RMSB. Ed Kay is coaching this team. You will have to contact him for team spots.
I will also start weightroom time, hitting and fielding practice once school starts, probably around the 21st of Aug.
Please pass the word around.
One last thing. Drew the athletic trainer made a deal with IHC for Physicals. The night of the 27th (mon) from 5:30-7:00, for 20 dollars. If you need one this is an easy way to get one done for the year.
The summer ball schedule is up at utahsperfectgame.com.
Younger team be at the field at 3:00
Older Team be at the field at 5:00
Reminder: Pay your fees
Youth camp Tues and Wed be at the field 8 in morning
Remember to pay your summer ball fees by the end of the week, May 29th
Keep your grades above a 2.0 so you can play
Hopefully schedule will be up soon
Remember the Youth camp is on June 2nd and 3rd. Be there at 8:00 with
setup help and coordination.
Thank you to everyone who came to parent-player meeting last night. Hopefully it was informational and helpful. If you have any questions about anything discussed last night please let me know. Below I have put the main topics we discussed last night, as well as attached all the important documents to this email. Season starts Monday! Thanks for making this a quality program.
1. Parent Handbook. Attached is the parent handbook, which covers all the details of the upcoming season. Topics include Try-outs, Fees, Playing time concerns, etc.
2. Register My Athlete. All players must be cleared and registered with Register My Athlete before they can try-out. Please make sure your player is good to go for Monday. Attached are the instructions.
3. Apparel Order. Attached is the order form with pictures and details of all the items. This is one of our fundraisers so please take a look at the items for yourself, family, and friends. All of the items are optional. The second and final order for apparel is due Tuesday, March 3rd. The first order should be ready by early next week.
4. Banner Fundraiser. Attached is the banner sponsorship form as well as a do not contact list. As a program we are highly encouraging all players to sell at least 1 banner sponsorship. The more we sell the more funds our program has. If you see your name on the do not contact list that means you sold a banner to that company last year, and it is yours to re-sell this year. If your name is on the list, or you know one of the team sponsors very well, please email me and let me know you will be contacting that business. This ensures that a business does not get contacted multiple times.
5. Important Dates
February 21st – Field Day from 8am-12pm
February, 23rd – Tryouts begin
February 28th – Midnight Practice
March 2nd- Freshmen Tryouts begin
March 3rd – Second Apparel Order Due
March, 5th – First Game, All player fees need to be paid (School, Player Packet, St. George)
March 5th-7th – St. George Tournament
April 6th-10th – Spring Break, Plan on Games and Practices
May 9th – Playoffs Begin
6. Field Day. Tomorrow, Saturday February 21st, from 8am-12pm we will be having a field day at the high school field. All players are highly encouraged to come and help prepare our field for the upcoming season.
1-10 of 62